MBDA Inc. is currently seeking a Contracts Manager. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Contracts. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performing individual to join MBDA’s Huntsville, Alabama, Team!
NOTE: The position is intended to be based in Huntsville, Alabama; however, may also be based in our Arlington, Virginia, location.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the DoD acquisition and procurement environment, MBDA contracts function, relevant company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, FAR/DFAR, export and other government regulations.
- Manage/execute proposals and contracts requiring a high degree of experience and negotiation expertise.
- Lead or support fact-finding and other audit activities.
- Serve as primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contracts assigned.
- Develop solutions to complex contracting issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Work to be performed without appreciable direction. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Uses computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree desired, Bachelors Degree in Business or a Procurement related major and/or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years related experience with at least 5 years of Contracting experience or equivalent with the DoD and/or DoD Contractor. Demonstrated experience with FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with different contract types including firm fixed price, cost type, time and material contracts, and international FMS/DCS
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex teaming arrangements or other types of contracting arrangements.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- US citizen with or the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States.
MBDA Incorporated is the US arm of MBDA Group and was founded in 1986. Headquarters are in Arlington, Virginia, with missile systems engineering and manufacturing operations in Huntsville, Alabama.
People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer