SENIOR AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER
MBDA Incorporated’s mission is to design, develop and deliver missile and munition systems for the US DoD. We are seeking an Aeronautical Engineer to develop and perform aerodynamic trade study analyses in conjunction with a missile or munitions system design team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performance engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama!
This position is contingent up contract award. Interviews take place in April/May 2019. Contract award with the Military is expected to occur in the June/July time frame.
- Develop and perform aerodynamic trade study analyses in conjunction with a missile or munitions system design team;
- Perform aerodynamic analysis and design using DATCOM, Matlab, Simulink, C/C++, computational fluid dynamics;
- Wind tunnel testing to assess aerodynamics characteristics including guidance and control as well as aero heating environments for missile and munition systems;
- Wind tunnel testing and data reduction, model supplier and test facility coordination;
- Thermal analysis/design.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Bachelor Degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering: Bachelor’s with 5-7 years exp.; Master’s and 3-5 years
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in aerodynamic design and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance.
- Technical background in missile and munitions systems analysis and design.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience, including mesh generation, turbulence modeling, reacting flows and post processing analysis.
- Matlab or other higher-level programming language experience.
- Experience with wind tunnel testing and data reduction, model supplier and test facility coordination.
- Experience in thermal analysis/design
- Experience in flight dynamics of aerospace vehicles.
- Experience with flight test data reduction and analysis.
- 6-DoF Simulation development and maintenance experience
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance.
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States. MBDA Incorporated is the US arm of MBDA Group and was founded in 1986. Headquarters are in Arlington, Virginia, with missile systems engineering and manufacturing operations in Huntsville, Alabama. People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer