MBDA Incorporated’s mission is to design, develop and deliver missile and munition systems for the US DoD. We are seeking a Structural Engineer with experience designing structures and assemblies for military systems. This is an exciting opportunity for a high performance engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama!
This position is contingent up contract award. Interviews take place in April/May 2019. Contract award with the Military is expected to occur in the June/July time frame.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the design and analysis of composite and metal structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies using static and dynamic load modeling;
- Perform relationally linked modeling, Load and Stress analysis, Safety Margin analysis, establishing datum schemes for assemblies, and performing tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree including related experience in design engineering function; and 0 to 2 years with Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Siemens NX or Catia V5 for component and assembly design;
- Assembly level design including establishment of data schemes, safety margin and tolerance analysis;
- Knowledge of metallic and composite materials and manufacturing processes;
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team; and
- Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance.
- CAD automation, programming, structural modeling, script writing;
- Previous experience in aerospace design and manufacturing facility; and
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance.
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States.
MBDA Incorporated is the US arm of MBDA Group and was founded in 1986. Headquarters are in Arlington, Virginia, with missile systems engineering and manufacturing operations in Huntsville, Alabama.
People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer