MBDA Incorporated’s mission is to design, develop and deliver missile and munition systems for the US DoD. We are seeking a Systems Engineer to design, develop, evaluate and modify end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. This is an exciting opportunity for a high performance engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama!
This position is contingent up contract award. Interviews take place in April/May 2019. Contract award with the Military is expected to occur in the June/July time frame.
- Develop and maintain 6-DoF simulations for use in analyzing performance of end-to-end systems;
- Generate quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics;
- Ensure requirements flowdown and design compliance with customer requirements and government standards through formal design verification and qualification methods;
- Ability to develop Test Requirements from performance requirements and support lab, environmental and flight testing requirements
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Physics;
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree and 0 to 2 years with Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in complex system design and analysis;
- Proficient use of systems engineering analysis tools;
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team;
- Experience participating on a technical teamon a flight test demonstration program;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team; and
- Ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance.
- Technical background in missile and munitions systems analysis and design;
- 6-DoF Simulation development and maintenance experience;
- Matlab or other higher-level programming language experience; and
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance.
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States.
MBDA Incorporated is the US arm of MBDA Group and was founded in 1986. Headquarters are in Arlington, Virginia, with missile systems engineering and manufacturing operations in Huntsville, Alabama.
People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer