MBDA Inc. is at the threshold of securing a contract with an existing customer that would significantly increase production volume. In order to prepare for the contract expansion, it is imperative to begin search activity for a Production Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performing professional to join MBDA’s Huntsville, Alabama Team!
The Production Manager is responsible for driving productivity, efficiency, safety and quality in the manufacturing production process. This position ensures our customers receive the highest quality product on time and within budget. The Production Manager is a member of the Huntsville management team and reports to the Director of Huntsville Programs.
- Manage high-volume production line and testing for aerospace electromechanical assemblies in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Support the preparation of manufacture and production plans and delivery schedules within budget.
- Provide production control oversight including: production plans, shop floor completions, kitting, inventory control, shipping and receiving.
- Manage the production processes, material flow, and production resources to meet established schedules.
Interface with customer Consumption Based Ordering System.
- Ensure adherence of product standards and support quality-control programs.
- Ensure full support of the production cycle and actively participate in meetings.
- Measure team performance and disseminate through appropriate performance measures.
- Diligently leads, supports, emphasizes and measures process and productivity improvements throughout the production areas.
- Demonstrates an active commitment to and champions Continuous Improvement through knowledge and use of Lean principles.
- Supervise and motivate team players while reviewing performance and establishing development needs to best meet customer requirements.
A minimum of 5 years of experience of demonstrated success in Discrete Manufacturing / Production Management. Must have supervisory experience and ability to effectively communicate. Experience with maintaining rate, quality, and production metrics. Experience in an MRP environment.
BS in Industrial Engineering/Management or related field
Solid team leadership skills with accomplishments in process improvements
Broad knowledge of manufacturing applications and environments.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions
Effective communicator with good writing and time management skills
Ability to effectively interact with employees and customers/vendors
Comfortable using business software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Ability to gain a U.S. security clearance
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States.
In the United States, MBDA Incorporated was founded in 1986. With Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, our Huntsville, Alabama, operation provides the expertise in guided weapons design, systems engineering, integration and flight testing with the production capability to support our defense customers’ solutions to their critical requirements.
People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply