Act as a primary MBDA Incorporated business development representative to current and potential customers. Be responsible to pursue and manage new business opportunities and business development activities to accelerate growth for current products and new business initiatives. This role is vital to develop partnerships with other U.S. companies, access appropriate domestic and international markets, and position MBDA Incorporated and MBDA Group to secure opportunities. The VP, Strategic Business Development, will be a member of the Corporate Office and report to the President & Chief Executive Office of MBDA Incorporated.
Partnering with Other Companies:
- Initiate and lead partnering discussion with U.S. companies for the global market
- Distinguish viable market area, identify specific program opportunities within that area, and team with U.S. companies for each opportunity or for a market as a whole
- Expand and strengthen relationships with external partners to plan, coordinate, and address technical requirements to enable the execution of demonstrations and qualification activities to provide critical solutions
- Frequent and continuous coordination and engagement with MBDA European Business Development and Technology functions
- Lead strategic development initiatives for international and domestic and defense programs for US application
Maintain and Grow Existing Programs:
- Maintain the momentum of existing programs and evaluate programs for growth with advanced features or new customers.
- Create and run stand-alone campaigns and development strategies for plausible products
- Lead cross-functional teams of individuals involved in the capture of new business
- Consult with internal, senior-level team members in pursuing business partnerships, and alliances that enhance the technical capabilities of the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the preparation of presentations, proposals, capture plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and terms/conditions of contracts
- Perform as the primary contact for business development activities, lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance and to disseminate information to pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives
- Interface with MBDA Group on a regular basis to coordinate plans, strategies, and campaigns. Share customer and competitive intelligence with MBDA Group as allowed
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressively complex and strategic technical and business development experience with at least seven years managing business development activities in tactical missile systems
- Exceptional personal credibility, with a combination of strong technical expertise and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain trusted relationships
- Demonstrated record of developing and capturing new business in tactical missile systems is required
- Detailed and extensive expertise in the application of business development principles and concepts, and practice, as well as, comprehensive project management and leadership skills to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Demonstrated experience establishing customer partnerships that enable growth
- Technical expertise with tactical missile systems with the ability to successfully articulate product features, address questions, and offer solutions
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson; and have expert business development skills
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential for effective interface with management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a Master’s in Business Administration or Engineering is desired
Current U.S. Department of Defense SECRET security clearance required
MBDA Group is a world leading missile systems company offering a comprehensive product range incorporating today’s most advanced technology with a large industrial and technological base in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and locally within the United States.
In the United States, MBDA Incorporated was founded in 1986. With Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, our Huntsville, Alabama, operation provides the expertise in guided weapons design, systems engineering, integration and flight testing with the production capability to support our defense customers’ solutions to their critical requirements.
People are our greatest asset and MBDA upholds values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, and Team Spirit to promote a positive work environment for employees and the customers we support.
MBDA Incorporated offers excellent benefits, a team environment, and a 4 and a half day workweek.
Equal Opportunity Employer