PRECISION ATTACK WEAPON
Air to Ground Weapon
Brimstone is a combat proven, low collateral, close air support weapon offering the unique capability of engaging a wide range of target types, including fast-moving vehicles / vessels in both land and naval environments and in both direct and indirect modes.
Operationally deployed in the Afghanistan and Libya conflicts, Brimstone has proved to be the weapon of choice with its ability to perform surgical strikes in time-critical missions with a true day / night capability.
- Incorporating an advanced dual mode seeker, Brimstone is effective against the most challenging, high speed and maneuvering targets.
- Effective from multiple platforms, including fighter-attack aircraft, propeller aircraft, helicopters, Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPAs), surface vessels, patrol craft
- Proven anti-Fast In-Shore Attack Craft (FIAC) capability against single, multiple and swarming threats
- Low risk of collateral damage – Brimstone’s pinpoint accuracy and focused, low fragmentation warhead
Combat aircraft armed with the Brimstone weapon offer reach, speed, flexibility, precision and the ability to engage multiple targets with a single mission load. When used from a fixed wing platform, Brimstone provides a rapid response for Close Air Support and Counter Insurgency that is not possible from helicopters alone.
Brimstones’s wide range of target types includes:
- fast moving and manoeuvring vehicles,
- tanks and armoured cars, bunkers,
- naval vessels including swarming and individual Fast In-shore Attack Craft (FIAC).
- Proven capability against both static and moving / manoeuvring targets
- Pin point accuracy and low collateral damage
- Suitable for deployment on a wide range of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, land and surface platforms
- Human-In-The-Loop capability to meet restrictive rules of engagement
- Ability to engage multiple targets with a single mission load. Triples the weapon load out per pylon.
- Standard interface assisting rapid integration to a large number of platforms
- IM compliant